Nalleru stems: 4/5 nos.
Tamarind: Big lemon sized
Red chillies: 11/12nos.
Salt: as required
Oil: 2 tbsp
Chana dal: 1 tsp
Urad dal: 1 tsp
Mustard seeds: 1 tsp
Dhania: 1 tsp
Hing: A pinch
Turmeric: A pinchIn the above two pics long nalleru creepers can be seen which are grown in a small pot.
Method of preparation:
1. Pluck the stems of the nalleru creeper. Remove the leaves if any. We use only stems for the pachadi.
2. Rinse them thoroughly and make them into pieces at each node . For better results tender stems are preferred.
3. Heat Kadai pour oil, put urad dal, Chana dal, mustard seeds. When the mustard seeds pops out add red chillies and a pinch of hing into it.
4. Transfer them onto a plate and put nalleru stems on the same Kadai and fry till they are done.Meanwhile soak tamarind in water.
5. Allow the fried nalleru stems to cool down to normal temperature.
6. Take a mixer grinder first grind the fried red chillies and half of urad dal, Chana dal and coriander seeds.Add required amount of salt too.Keep the remaining tempering which is to be added at the last.
7. Now add the nalleru stems,soaked tamarind and grind to a smooth fine taste.
8. Transfer the chutney into a bowl and pour the tempering onto it and can be served with hot steamed rice and melted ghee.