Raw mango sandwich
Raw mango sandwich is another seasonal recipe. This is so simple to prepare. Kids would love to have them anytime. I’ve used jumbo sandwich bread to prepare the recipe. Bread slices are toasted with butter on one side. Sandwich spread is smeared onto the toasted side of bread slice. Sliced cucumber, raw mango, tomato, onion pieces are placed and covered with another bread slice. The sandwich is toasted on other sides too for two minutes. Here I present juicy, crunchy, tangy raw mango sandwich to relish anytime. Njoy Cooking, Serving n Savoring!
Jumbo sandwich bread slices: 4 nos.
Sandwich spread: 8-10 tsp or as required
Raw mango: Half portion(Coconut mango variety)
Tomato: 1 no.
Onion: 1 no.
Cucumber: Half piece or as required
Unsalted Butter: 2-3 tsp
Method of preparation:
1. Keep all the ingredients ready before proceeding for the recipe.
2. Peel the skin of mango and slice the mango into very thin slices. Also slice the tomato, cucumber and onion into thin slices. Keep aside.
3. Take four bread slices onto a plate.
4. Spread butter evenly on the bread slices.
5. Toast the one side(Butter applied side) of all the bread slices and keep aside.
6. Now spread the sandwich spread onto the toasted side.
7. Later place the required number of mango slices, cucumber slices, onion and tomato too.
8. Again spread the sandwich spread onto the veggies.
9. Now keep the other toasted side of the bread slice onto the veggies.
10. Now toast the other two sides of the bread sandwich drizzling little butter.
11. Keep weight(pestle) on the bread slice so that the bread gets toasted evenly on all sides.
12. Likewise toast the other side too.
13. Transfer the toasted sandwiches onto a plate.
14. Cut the sandwiches into required shape(triangles or rectangles) and enjoy as an evening snack.
To prepare the sandwich I’ve used kobbari mamidikaya. It’s called coconut mango. It’s a variety of raw mango which is crunchy like coconut and not sour hence it’s name.
Thank you for visiting akshayakumbham and leaving comments. Your comments are really appreciated.