Sweet potato halwa
Sweet potato halwa is a delectable dessert which can be served anytime as an evening snack/after meal sweet. I’ve prepared the halwa in a healthy way which is loaded with dry fruits. Sweet potato halwa is prepared with boiled and mashed sweet potatoes adding organic jaggery powder as a sweetener. Ghee, cardamom powder are added for flavour and taste. Here I present a very tasty sweet potato halwa to relish anytime. Njoy Cooking, Serving n Savoring!
Sweet potatoes: 2 nos. large
Organic jaggery powder: 4 tbsp
Cardamom pods: 5/6 nos.
Ghee: 3 tsp
Dry fruits: Few(Almonds, cashews n raisins)
Method of preparation:
1. Rinse thoroughly two large sweet potatoes and boil them in a pressure cooker for five minutes on medium flame. Switch off the flame and allow to settle the pressure on its own. Peel the skin.
2. Mash the sweet potatoes thoroughly. I got one cup of mashed sweet potatoes from two large sweet potatoes. Keep aside.
3. Heat nonstick pan and pour ghee into it. Add slightly crushed almonds, cashews and raisins too.
4. Roast them for a minute and add mashed sweet potatoes. Stir well and sauté for two minutes.
5. Now add organic jaggery powder and mix thoroughly. Also add crushed cardamom powder.
6. Stir the mixture continuously and sauté on low flame till the mixture leaves the pan. I’ve just added sufficient ghee for the flavour. If you prefer more ghee can be added.
7. Switch off the flame and spread the mixture with ladle. Slice them to get burfi shape pieces using a knife.
8. Now the delightful and healthful sweet potato halwa loaded with dry fruits is ready to serve hot. It can be served hot , warm or cold too. Garnish with dry fruits and serve.
9. Now my sweet potato kebabs and sweet potato halwa are ready to relish.
Thank you for visiting akshayakumbham and leaving comments. Your comments are really appreciated.