Tutti fruitti Semolina cake(Eggless)
Tutti fruitti semolina cake is a very tasty recipe relished by all age groups. This is so easy to prepare. I’ve prepared the cake with semolina, curd, milk and powdered sugar as main ingredients. I’ve used neutral oil(sunflower oil), instead you can use ghee also. If you add ghee it almost tastes like Rava kesari. If you don’t want to use all purpose flour/maida definitely this is a very good recipe to enjoy. I’ve added cardamom powder, tutti frutti, cashews and raisins to enhance the flavour and taste. Here I present delectable and moist tutti fruitti semolina cake which can be served as a dessert anytime. Njoy Cooking, Serving n Savoring!
Semolina/sooji/Bombay rava: 1 1/2 cups
Powdered sugar: 1 cup(If using normal sugar 3/4 th cup)
Neutral oil: Half cup or little less than that
Curd: Half cup
Milk: Half cup or as required to get right consistency
Baking powder: 3/4 th tsp
Baking soda: 1/4 th tsp
Cardamom pods: 5/6 nos.
Dry fruits(Cashews n raisins): 1 tbsp
Tutti fruitti: 2 tbsp
Salt: A pinch
Method of preparation:
1. Take one and half cups of semolina/sooji in a mixing bowl.
2. Now add one cup of powdered sugar into it. Mix both the ingredients thoroughly.
3. Now add neutral oil, crushed cardamom powder and mix well.
4. Now beat the curd with a whisk. Add this curd and mix thoroughly.
5. Add required amount of milk and mix thoroughly. Keep aside for 30 minutes.
6. After thirty minutes check the consistency. If required add little milk to get right consistency. The consistency of the batter should be like idly batter or pouring consistency. Now add baking powder and baking soda into it. Quickly fold the mixture.
7. Now add crushed cashews, raisins and tutti fruitti into the batter and mix gently.
8. Take a Pan and grease the Pan with oil/ghee and sprinkle tutti fruitti and crushed cashew nuts.
9. Transfer the semolina cake batter into baking pan. Tap the pan gently to release air bubbles. Sprinkle remaining tutti fruitti, cashews onto the batter. Now the semolina batter is ready to bake the cake.
10. Before the batter is prepared for baking cake, preheat OTG at 165 degrees centigrade for 10 minutes. After baking soda is added we have to be quick enough to keep the batter in oven.
11. Bake the cake at 165 degrees centigrade for 40 minutes. Keep the pan on centre rack of the oven/OTG. Heat both the elements. After five minutes switch off the top element and continue baking for 35 more minutes heating bottom element only.
12. Switch off the OTG and check for doneness using a toothpick. If it comes clean the cake is baked completely.
13. Allow to rest the cake for 15-20 minutes. Now the delicious tutti fruitti semolina cake(Eggless) cake is ready to serve. Invert the mould onto a plate. Slice the cake into pieces and enjoy.
Thank you for visiting akshayakumbham and leaving comments. Your comments are really appreciated.