Wheat rava halwa
Wheat rava halwa is so delicious and healthy recipe. I’ve prepared this recipe for Diwali. Wheat rava halwa is Prepared with broken wheat rava and jaggery. Wheat rava is soaked in water for fifteen minutes. Dry fruits are roasted in ghee and required amount of water is added. When water starts boiling, soaked wheat rava is added and cooked completely. Jaggery syrup is added to the cooked wheat rava mixture and cooked furthermore till halwa consistency is achieved. Here I present tasty wheat rava halwa to offer as Naivedhyam on special occasions. Njoy Cooking, Serving n Savoring!
Cuisine: South Indian
Broken wheat rava: One cup
Water: 3 3/4 cups
Cardamom pods: 3/4 nos.
Jaggery powder: One cup
Ghee: 3 tsp
Cashews and raisins: Few
Method of preparation:
- Take one cup of wheat rava and soak in one and half cups of water for 15 minutes.
- Heat kadai and pour two tsp of ghee into it. Add cashews, raisins and roast them well.
- Now add one and half cups of water and soaking water too. Bring it to boil.
- When it starts boiling add soaked wheat rava also. Mix thoroughly and cook on low flame.
- Meanwhile, take one cup of jaggery powder in a vessel.
- Add three fourth cup of water into it and allow the jaggery to melt completely. Add crushed cardamom pods and bring it to boil.
- When the jaggery syrup starts boiling, strain the jaggery syrup using strainer directly into the cooked wheat rava mixture.
- Mix thoroughly and cook the mixture for five more minutes. Add remaining one tsp of ghee into it.
- Cook the mixture till halwa consistency is achieved and Switch off the flame.
- Transfer the wheat rava halwa into a Serving bowl. Garnish with few cashews and offer the delicious halwa as Naivedhyam. Divine!!!
Thank you for visiting akshayakumbham and leaving comments. Your comments are really appreciated.