Wishing you all a very happy children’s day and the child within you!!
Chocolate cake with frosting
My son and me prepared the chocolate cake with frosting as a part of famous Chef Sanjeev Kapoor’s Children’s day contest @ Instagram. I’ve prepared the cake with pillsburry rich choco oven mix which is egg based cake mix, but I’ve replaced egg with fresh cream, curd and milk. My son has prepared vanilla n chocolate frosting. He spread both vanilla n chocolate frostings and topped with one small munch gratings. Here I present tasty and spongy chocolate cake with frostings is ready to celebrate the occasion !!!
Pillsburry rich choco oven mix: 1 no.
Amul Fresh cream: 4 tbsp
Curd: 3 tbsp
Milk: 2 tbsp
Vegetable oil: 40 ml(Approximately)
Soft Butter: 3 tsp
Powdered sugar: 3 tsp
Vanilla essence: Few drops
Drinking chocolate powder: 1 1/2 tsp
Munch: 1 no. Small
Method of preparation:
- In a mixing bowl, put fresh cream, curd and milk(Quantities mentioned above). Whisk thoroughly using a wired whisk.
- Now add vegetable oil and whisk it again.
- Take the pillsburry rich choco cake oven mix.
- Slowly add the cake mix powder into the wet ingredients and whisk thoroughly. Now the cake batter is ready to bake.
- Meanwhile preheat oven @165 degrees for 10 minutes. Settings of the temperature may vary from oven to oven.
- Take a cake mould and place the parchment paper into the mould and grease with little oil.
- Transfer the cake batter into the mould and gently tap the mould.
- Keep the mould with batter in a preheated oven and bake the cake @ 165 degrees centigrade for 30 minutes.
- Take out the mould and allow the cake to completely cool down to normal temperature. Unmould the cake onto a plate.
- Take required quantity of butter and mix thoroughly with a spoon. If refrigerated, keep the butter outside for 15 minutes. Now add powdered sugar and mix well.
- Take equal quantities in a separate bowl and add vanilla essence and drinking chocolate powder. Mix well and the frostings are ready to spread onto the cake.
- Take the chocolate cake and spread the frostings evenly onto the cake. Use a fork to draw lines onto the frostings. Take one munch and put the crushed munch in the middle. Also put the remaining frostings on top of the crushed munch.
- Now the scrumptious chocolate cake with frosting is ready to serve.
- The cake slice can be served along with a cup of coffee or tea.
Thank you for visiting akshayakumbham and leaving comments. Your comments arereally appreciated.