Paneer/cottage cheese is very easy to prepare at home if the milk is readily available. I’ve used one and half litres of low fat milk to prepare the paneer. Curd is used here to curdle the milk. You can also use lemon juice or vinegar to curdle the milk. Here I present the paneer recipe which can be used to prepare paneer paratha, Palak paneer and many more. Njoy Cooking, Serving n Savoring!
Course: Main/Side dish
Yields: 200-250 gms(Approximately)
Milk: 1 1/2 litres
Curd: One small cup
Method of preparation:
- Take one and half litres of milk and bring it to boil.
- Now add one small cup of curd and mix thoroughly. Continue to boil for one more minute or when the milk starts curdling.
- Switch off the flame and mix thoroughly. Let it rest for five minutes.
- Filter the curdled milk using a clean cloth and collect the remaining paneer.
- Squeeze well and keep a weight on the paneer. Rest it for thirty minutes.
- Completely drain the water. The remaining solid is paneer.
- The paneer can be used to prepare any paneer dishes.
The below pic shows paneer block, which I’ve prepared earlier using lemon juice.
The paneer is cut into cubes and can be used to prepare the paneer dish. We can refrigerate for two weeks and can use whenever required.
Thank you for visiting akshayakumbham and leaving comments. Your comments are really appreciated.