Kesar Badam milk
Kesar badam milk is very healthy drink which is rich in protein and calcium. The drink is prepared with milk, almonds and saffron strands. Almonds are low in carbohydrates and good in protein and fiber. Saffron strand has subtle flavor and imparts nice yellow colour when added to hot water/milk. Almond powder is prepared and added to the boiling milk. Saffron strands are added to two tbsp of hot milk and the mixture is added to the boiling milk. Required amount of sugar and crushed cardamom powder are added. Here I present energy drink kesar badam milk which can be served either hot or chilled. Njoy Cooking, Serving n Savoring!
Milk: 500 ml(Low fat)
Sugar: 5 tsp
Saffron strands: Few
Cardamom pod: 1 no.
Method of preparation:
- Soak almonds overnight and peel the skin of them.
- Allow them to air dry for 3/4 hours.
- Take 20-25 nos. Of air dried almonds and transfer them into a mixer grinder. Few almonds I’ve used to prepare aloo dum biriyani(Will post the recipe soon).
- Grind them to a fine powder and keep aside.
- Take two glasses of boiled milk in a vessel and bring it to boil.
- Pour some hot milk in a cup and add saffron strands into it. Allow it to soak for 10 minutes.
- Add ground almond powder to the boiling milk and boil for few more minutes till the raw smell goes away.
- Now add saffron milk and boil furthermore for two minutes. Also add crushed cardamom powder.
- Switch off the flame and add required amount of sugar into it. Mix thoroughly till the sugar dissolves completely.
- Now the hot kesar badam milk is ready to serve. Relish hot or warm milk anytime. Refrigerate and serve chilled.
Thank you for visiting akshayakumbham and leaving comments. Your comments are really appreciated.
Please follow akshayakumbham @Instagram also.