Nuvvula podi/Sesame seeds powder is a traditional recipe with wholesome ingredients. This is a perfect recipe for winters. Sesame seeds are rich in iron and calcium. Sesame seeds have many nutrients. I’ve prepared spicy powder with sesame seeds, Bengal gram, black gram and coriander seeds and red chillies. All the ingredients are dry roasted. The roasted ingredients are ground to a coarse powder. Here I present tasty and spicy Nuvvula podi which is served as an accompaniment to hot steamed rice and melted ghee. Njoy Cooking, Serving n Savoring!
Cuisine: Andhra, India
Brown Sesame seeds: 1 cup
Bengal gram: 2 tbsp
Black gram: 1 tbsp
Coriander seeds: 1 1/2 tbsp
Red chillies: 15 nos.
Salt: As required
Method of preparation:
1. Heat kadai, put Bengal gram, black gram and coriander seeds. Dry roast them on low flame.
2. Roast them on low flame till they change into light brown colour.
3. Now add brown sesame seeds and roast together till nice aroma comes.
4. Now add red chillies and fry for a minute.
5. Switch off the flame and transfer the roasted ingredients immediately onto a plate to stop further roasting. Add required amount of salt. Allow the roasted ingredients to cool down to normal temperature.
6. Take a mixer grinder put all the roasted ingredients into it. Grind them to a coarse powder.
7. Transfer the powder onto a plate and rest for two minutes. Now the spicy Nuvvula podi is ready to serve.
8. Transfer the powder into an airtight container and use whenever required. Use one tsp of powder with one ladle of steamed rice and melted ghee. Mix thoroughly and enjoy. The shelf life of the sesame powder is one month.
Thank you for visiting akshayakumbham and leaving comments. Your comments are really appreciated.