Hyderabad’s Special delicacy- Osmania/Salt Biscuits
Today I’m posting a popular Hyderabad’s delicacy salt biscuits aka Osmania biscuits. I’ve prepared them using maida flour, custard powder, powdered sugar, salt, rose essence and milk. Baking powder is also added. All the ingredients are gently kneaded to form a dough. The prepared dough is made into small circles. They are baked at 170 degrees for 15 minutes in a preheated oven. Here is my tiny bit of celebration for this holiday season. Enjoy the awesome Osmania biscuits with a cup of chai. Njoy Cooking, Serving n Savoring!
Maida flour: One small cup
Custard powder: Two tbsps
Milk: 5-6 tbsps
Salt: As required
Powdered sugar: 4 tsp
Rose essence: Few drops
Butter: 2 tbsp or 40 gram (Approximately)
Baking powder: Half tsp
Method of preparation:
- Take 40 gms. Of butter and add four tsp of sugar into it. Mix thoroughly using a wired whisk.
- Now add maida flour, salt, custard powder, rose essence and milk. Mix gently to form a cookie dough. Rest for twenty minutes.
- Now roll the dough into a thin sheet and make into round shapes.
- Arrange them in a baking tray lined without butter paper. Dust with little maida.
- Bake them in a preheated oven at 170 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Allow them to completely cool down. Transfer them onto a Serving plate.
- Now the delicious Osmania biscuits are ready to enjoy with tea.
Thank you for visiting akshayakumbham and leaving comments. Your comments are really appreciated.