Wishing you all a very happy Dussehra 🙏🏻!!
Today I’ve prepared semiya kesari recipe to celebrate the dussehra festival. Semiya kesari is so quick and simple recipe even the beginners can prepare it without much effort. I’ve taken equal quantities of roasted vermicelli/semiya and sugar. Few cashews and raisins are roasted in tsp of ghee and transferred into a bowl. Two and half cups of water is boiled adding saffron strands and crushed cardamom powder. Vermicelli is cooked in boiling water and sugar is added. The mixture is cooked till the right consistency is achieved. Garnished with roasted dryfruits and can be served hot or warm. Here I present delicious semiya kesari to celebrate the occasion. Njoy Cooking, Serving n Savoring!
Roasted semiya: One small cup
Sugar: One small cup
Cardamom pods: 2/3 nos.
Cashews n raisins: Few
Saffron strands: Few
Ghee: 1 tsp
Method of preparation:
- Take one small cup of roasted semiya and one small cup of sugar too.
- Heat kadai and pour one tsp of ghee into it. Roast cashews and raisins till they change colour.
- Transfer them into a bowl.
- In the same kadai, add 2.5 cups of water and bring it to boil. Also add saffron strands.
- When it starts boiling, add roasted vermicelli, crushed cardamom powder and cook completely.
- Now add one small cup of sugar and mix thoroughly.
- Continue to cook furthermore till nice kesari texture is attained.
- Transfer the semiya kesari onto a Serving plate and garnish with roasted dryfruits. Now the scrumptious semiya kesari is ready to serve.
Thank you for visiting akshayakumbham and leaving comments. Your comments are really appreciated.