Rice is a staple food of many countries across globe. Steamed rice is served in South India as well as North India. Here I present how to cook steamed rice in a pressure cooker. Njoy Cooking, Serving n Savoring!
Raw Rice(Sona masoori): 2 cups
Water: 6 cups.
Method of preparation:
1. Take 2 cups of raw rice in a vessel. Rinse thoroughly once with water to remove excess starch present in it.
2. Now take 6 cups of water and add this water to the rice. The ratio of rice to the water is 1:3(If using old rice). However the quantity of water varies depending on the quality and variety of rice.
3. Keep the lid and steam the rice in a pressure cooker for 5/6 whistles.
4. Allow the steam to settle down on its own. Open the lid and take the vessel outside.
5. Now the hot steamed rice is ready to serve.